Front Desk Specialist
The front desk specialist (FDS) is a multifaceted role at the Twin Cities Dermatology Center. This role requires an energetic, enthusiastic individual with strong customer service skills and a willingness for continuous patient contact. It is responsible for the patient experience when an individual is in contact with us in person or via communication. The front desk is critical to the entire practice and its operation. The FDS will engage patients, deliver excellent customer service, execute scheduling, check-in and check-out processes, and support the clinical and administrative duties of other staff. The FDS assesses calls, emails, and faxes to make sure that every contact’s needs are met before, during, and after their visit. Use of checklists and continuous rechecking of data entry is essential to support clinical care and billing operations. As a start-up, growth in our patient base is critical for success. If you desire to belong to a happy, patient-centered workplace that values inclusion and has the highest ethical standards, contact us today to see how you can be a part of our innovative and growing team.
- Positive greeting and handling of patients arriving and exiting the Center
- Triage calls, emails, and faxes to appropriate personnel as applicable
- Adhere to front desk processes for efficient and effective scheduling, check-in/check-out practices
- Engage patients through in-office experience capture activities (reviews, photos)
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of patient record data entry
- Document patient preferences (invoice handling/disclosures, nicknames, other preferences)
- Post patient payments into EHR via phone, online, or other contact
- Contact person for building management (maintenance, signage, lease)
- Contact person for pharmaceutical and vendor representatives
- Monitor supplies for patient contact (stamps, paper, envelopes, ink)
- Daily mail triage
- Maintain internet connection throughout clinic and devices; troubleshoot when needed
- Ensure clinic devices are up to date and in working order (PCs, IPads, TVs, printer, phones)
- Maintain cleanliness of front desk and patient lobby
- Replenish patient comfort items (beverage area, tissue)
- Order, replenish, and monitor samples inventory
- Order, replenish, and monitor items for sale
- Monitor and perform patient contact for appointment reminders and cancellation follow-ups
- Prepare communications with patients, relevant vendors, or potential customers when applicable
- Monitor overall front desk with operations checklist
- Support nursing staff with faxing and scanning tasks for patient care delivery
- Support billing operations with patient invoicing and call documentation
- Assist patients with release of information requests
- Triage and complete outside release of information requests
- Escalate challenges immediately to medical director if billing issue or for service recovery
- Daily to weekly quality improvement and updates sessions with management
Compensation: This is an hourly position and wage is negotiable and based on experience and credentials. 40 hours are worked weekly between 7:30AM and 5PM with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break daily. Payroll is biweekly. Annual paid time off is the equivalent of 15 workdays (~ 120 hours), accruing monthly over the year. 1.25 days accrue monthly with the last remaining days all available the 11th month. After one year, 2 days will accrue monthly for more flexibility for you. Paid time off can be taken in half or full day increments. We encourage no more than six days be taken consecutively or unless first approved to accommodate our practice schedule and other staff. Sick days are recommended at no more than 2 days but we will approve extenuating circumstances up to 5 days. There are six paid holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day. Saturday/Sunday holidays will be observed on the weekday before or after the holiday.
Workdays: The Center is open weekdays and business hours are 8 AM – 5PM. There is a demand for dermatologists on Saturdays. Our Saturday hours are typically 8AM to 2PM. Currently, staff work at least one Saturday per month to support the practice’s busiest and most profitable day.
Benefits: Given our small size, we do not currently offer insurance benefits (life, short term disability, medical, dental, vision) and employer-supported retirement savings plans. Support towards private insurance premiums is negotiable. Medical and cosmetic services are available to you and immediate family. Medical insurance is billed for medical services and any patient responsibility is waived. Cosmetic services are available quarterly based on supplies. Lab/pathology services are not included since typically require third-party billing.